Dear Valued Patients,
Covid-19 Vaccine updates:
- For Virginia residents: Virginia has “redefined” Phase 1B, which includes age 65 and older, age 16 and older with high risk medical condition, essential workers. www.vdh.Virginia.gov/covid-19-vaccine
- Arlington county: https://www.arlingtonva.us/covid-19/vaccines
- Virginia Hospital Center, partnering with Arlington County (now with online signup): https://www.virginiahospitalcenter.com/patients-visitors/safe-care-with-us/covidvaccine
- Fairfax county: https://fairfaxcountyemergency.wpcomstaging.com/
- Alexandria: https://www.alexandriava.gov/Vaccines
- For DC residents: DC residents age 65 or older will be able to receive the vaccine starting Monday Jan 11, 2021. https://coronavirus.dc.gov/vaccine
- For Maryland residents: https://covidlink.maryland.gov/content/vaccine/
The following preventive measures should continue to be taken to help reduce the spread of COVID-19:
- Cover your nose and mouth with a mask when around others. (Mandatory masking is required in The Endocrinology Group offices.)
- Stay home when you are sick and avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. If you do not have a tissue, use your sleeve (not your hands).
- Public Information Sites: